Bio-Magnesium 16 oz.
Tropic Marin Bio-Magnesium
Manufactured by Tropic Marin
A sufficient supply of magnesium is as essential for the growth and well being of reef building coralline algae as calcium. It is one of the major constituents of seawater and is directly involved in algae photosynthesis, i.e. the conversion of carbon dioxide (CO2) and light into organic compounds. The addition of plain magnesium salt, however, is not sufficient and interferes with the ionic balance of the tank water. Tropic Marin Bio-Magnesium creates a natural environment in the aquarium and delivers Magnesium in a natural biologically available ionically balanced form.
- Contains a combination of magnesium and minerals to promote essential biochemical processes in the aquarium.
- Magnesium for accelerated skeleton growth of corals and calcareous coralline algae.
- Maintains the natural ionic concentration and the pH value of the reef tank water.
- No unnatural by-products. No phosphates or nitrates.
- Measured amount of Magnesium in a truly ionically balanced formula.
How to use Bio-Magnesium:
One level measuring spoon increases the magnesium level of 30 gallons (US)/ 25 gallons (Imp.)/110 l of tank water by about 5 ppm. The natural concentration of Magnesium is 1280-1300 ppm. In a reef aquarium the concentration of magnesium decreases quickly through biological process, precipitation and through use by calcareous animals. The recommended maximum dose is 4 measuring spoons per 30 gallons (US)/ 25 gallons (Imp.)/110 l of aquarium water per day!
Two sizes: 16 oz (450 gr) & 3lbs. 5oz (1.5 kg)