- Telephone Sales and customer service
- Participation in weekly sales meetings
- Miscellaneous clerical duties
- Excellent benefits package
- Sales commission incentive plan
- People-oriented individual for telephone sales.
- Seeking self-motivated individuals who can function in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Able to work under pressure. Some office experience and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of marine fish and invertebrates, and freshwater fish, is necessary.
The Acclimation Team is responsible for processing incoming fish and invertebrates. Their core function is to gently acclimatize the animals to the QM holding system and ensure that they are placed in the appropriate tanks within the facility.
- Acclimate arriving marine species to holding system water quality
- Identify and sort animals by species and size
- Screen animals for quality
- Water testing
- Pick up shipments
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Flexible scheduling - weekend and evening work required
- Knowledge of ornamental marine fishes and invertebrates preferred
- Computer skills preferred
- Able to lift 40 lb boxes
- Valid driver's license
The marine husbandryaquarist is responsible for the health and well being of all fishes and invertebrates in the facility. This position will specialize in maintaining tropical marine invertebrates and coral propagation.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform invertebrate health inspections daily
- Identify, grade, create sku structure for new color types and species of coral
- Clean tanks, systems, and manage invertebrate interaction
- Understand arrival schedule and open up arrival and holding space for incoming shipments
- Develop and maintain invertebrate quality reports
- Test and maintain optimum system parameters
- Develop and administer treatments as needed
- Manage coral propagation process
- Support fish husbandry staff as needed
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Prior experience with coral and invertebrates husbandry techniques a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Weekend and Holiday work required
- Standing for more than 7 hours per day
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs